It’s been an interesting past few weeks.
- October 7, 2011 – I pre-ordered my wife’s iPhone 4S. It was to be her first iPhone. She already owned a first-generation iPad, so I wasn’t really concerned with the learning curve of moving from a Blackberry to an iPhone. My plan was to port her number away from Cellular South (Now C Spire Wireless) to AT&T.
- October 12, 2011 – The wife’s iPhone 4S arrives. She is super-duper excited. I don’t think we spoke for about 48 hours she was so enamored with her new toy.
- October 16, 2011 – I sent my iPhone 4 to Apple/PowerON to be recycled/refurbished. PowerON sent me a $180 Apple gift card.
- October 31, 2011 – I ordered my iPhone 4S. This was going to be my third iPhone.
- November 15, 2011 – My new iPhone 4S arrives after much anticipation. I had been using a spare circa-2006 Nokia E61 in the interim. I could at least send SMS messages, sync my calendar and contacts, send/receive email and most importantly, talk. That was very important since I’m a self-employed security specialist. Nonetheless, it was very difficult having had used an iPhone since Summer 2009 only to be without one for five long weeks. It was worth it though. I was able to get a new iPhone 4S for $32 after using the $180 Apple gift card.
- November 20, 2011 – I now feel like I’m part of normal civilization again since the majority of my peers have some sort of iOS device.
Several weeks ago before the iPhone 4S released, Squaretrade started a Golden Ticket iPhone 4S warranty promotion through Extole. You could sign up for the promotion and get your own unique referral URL. If anyone signed up for a Squaretrade warranty for their shiny new iPhone 4S, I would get a $10 gift card from Amazon. Pretty sweet deal. I posted my unique URL on Facebook, Twitter, and a number of other places just to get the URL in front of as many eyes as I could. If you know me, you know I’m quite the Squaretrade advocate. To make the deal even sweeter, if you bought a Squaretrade warranty for your new phone, your name went into a drawing to win a new iPad 2. This past Friday night, I got a call from San Fransisco, CA. The person on the other end of the line was a young lady that worked for Squaretrade named Annalisa. She was calling me to inform me that my friend Jim had won the last Golden Ticket iPad 2, and since he used my unique referral URL for his warranty purchase, I had also won a new iPad 2! Freaking sweet! I was riding in the car to Wing Stop for dinner. I believe if I had been driving I would crashed the car. Needless to say, I was very excited. What a great end to a week, huh?
I should be receiving my iPad 2 in the next few days. I’m awaiting its arrival with bated breath.
Good night droogies.